Pressing B in wild encounters now moves the cursor to the "RUN" option. See merge request tbld/game!11
|1 month ago|
|.gitlab/issue_templates||4 months ago|
|agbcc@d59cfb5ac1||4 months ago|
|asm||8 months ago|
|berry_fix||8 months ago|
|common_syms||8 months ago|
|constants||8 months ago|
|data||4 months ago|
|docs||3 months ago|
|gflib||8 months ago|
|graphics||3 months ago|
|include||4 months ago|
|libagbsyscall||8 months ago|
|sound||8 months ago|
|src||2 months ago|
|tools||8 months ago|
|.gitattributes||8 months ago|
|.gitignore||8 months ago|
|.gitlab-ci.yml||2 months ago|
|.gitmodules||4 months ago|
|.gitpod.yml||2 months ago|
|CONTRIBUTING.md||3 months ago|
|CREDITS.md||3 months ago|
|FAQ.md||2 months ago|
|FEATURES.md||4 months ago|
|INSTALL.md||3 months ago|
|Makefile||8 months ago|
|README.md||2 months ago|
|ROADMAP.md||3 months ago|
|STYLE.md||3 months ago|
|asmdiff.ps1||8 months ago|
|asmdiff.sh||8 months ago|
|build_tools.sh||8 months ago|
|charmap.txt||8 months ago|
|decap.py||3 months ago|
|graphics_file_rules.mk||4 months ago|
|json_data_rules.mk||8 months ago|
|ld_script.txt||8 months ago|
|ld_script_modern.txt||8 months ago|
|make_tools.mk||8 months ago|
|map_data_rules.mk||8 months ago|
|songs.mk||8 months ago|
|spritesheet_rules.mk||8 months ago|
|sym_bss.txt||8 months ago|
|sym_common.txt||8 months ago|
|sym_ewram.txt||8 months ago|
tumbledemerald is a hack based on the decompilation of Pokémon Emerald by pret. The project's aim is to modify Pokémon Emerald to bring it up to the standards of modern Pokémon titles.
Compiling tumbledemerald requires a Linux-based system with the following packages installed:
- make (or GNU make, if you have access to it specifically.)
- GNU arm-none-eabi binutils
(Bonus points for getting it to work with Clang, cmake, and non-GNU binutils, because rms gives me a headache.)
Run this command to compile
agbcc, pret's toolchain:
cd <path to tumbledemerald>/agbcc && ./build.sh && ./install.sh ../
Then just run
make in the root folder of the repository.
If you're new to Linux-based systems or the build system in general, I recommend using Gitpod. If you opt to go that route, here's what you need to do:
- Click the "Gitpod" button above.
- If you haven't signed up for GitHub, GitLab, or Bitbucket before, follow the steps provided on Gitpod's site to set up an account.
- You should launch into a tab with a terminal window at the bottom. Wait until you see
agbcc successfully installed!in the terminal window before continuing.
- Type "make" (without the quotes) into the terminal and press "Enter".
For more detailed compilation instructions, see this document.
- found a bug or glitch: Create an issue using the Bug template.
- need a save file updated: Create an issue using the Save Update template.
- have an idea for a cool new feature: Create an issue using the Feature Request template.
- want to contact me privately: Send me an email or send me a direct message on Mastodon.
- want to become a contributor: Send a merge request!
We also have a forum here if you're into that!
For the project roadmap, please check here.
Contributions are welcome! Please make a merge request here on GitLab using the provided template.
We're currently looking for:
- someone who can work with GBA music (to add a custom song).
- documentation contributions. Our documentation could use some updates!
- Windows buildscripts.
- volunteers to build CIA packages for tumbledemerald.
- debug menu developers.
- someone with a brain the size of Jupiter to un-GNU tumbledemerald.
See Installation for directions on how to set up your system to compile.
make will usually stop you if it sees something wrong with your code. If the error is too vague, try running
make with the
-d argument (
make -d). However, the only way to be completely certain is to test.
By default, tumbledemerald does not include Wireless Adapter support. See this script to re-enable this (for playing on a Game Boy Advance flashcart, for example.)
Authors and acknowledgment
Lead developers: Supersonic and Werewolf
CIA packages: Supersonic and SanicConnoissuer_91
Prebuilt ROMS: Supersonic, creepyguy256, and SanicConnoissuer_91
Features: ghoulslash, Supersonic, dunsparce9, AsparagusEduardo, surskitty, DizzyEgggg, Ketsuban (if I forgot you, please let me know!)
Special thanks: SanicConnoissuer_91, Werewolf, creepyguy256, pret, Nintendo Co, Ltd., GAME FREAK, inc., Creatures, inc., and you!.
Due to legal reasons, tumbledemerald does not have a license. Ask ax6.
tumbledemerald is actively developed, with a new feature about once every week, if I feel like it.